Thursday, September 2, 2010

Life as a College Kid

OH MY GOSH. My classes are too easy. No lies. I'm bored to death every day. Except in Acting. That class is by far my favorite because I'm actually doing useful stuff instead of mind-numbing notetaking and listening to dumbed down lectures. I gave up Cornell and Iona and Randolph-Macon and even UTSA for this. Heck, at least I'd be somewhat challenged at UTSA. But no. I just sit in class for 75 minutes (I only have class four days a week) and listen to lectures that are (no joke) almost verbatim from the textbook. Which I read right before my classes start. hgreioaghuareoguriopaebgiupre.

Anyways...my novel...yeah...still on that break. :) I'm enjoying myself - I actually think about ideas and stuff while in my classes, which probably isn't a good idea if you're in hard classes that you absolutely HAVE to pay attention in. But come on. It doesn't take a genius to define biological, cultural and linguistic anthropology or culture or memorize who the first real archaeologist was (Nabodinus or something close to that). Or what the most heard of subfields of psychology are (sports, research, clinical, counseling, health, I/O, consumer, neurological, and forensic). So I think I've earned the right to zone out every now and then. :D I've actually decided to write another book before I go back to the first one. Considering the first one is now going to be the second in a series (trilogy, most likely).

I am gaining support on it, actually - I'm way excited. Both my Institute teachers are interested in it - I gave the prologue to Brother Facer and he told me he wants more - he was very surprised and happy to hear that I finished it. Same with Brother Ashcroft. :) In my college success class (it's required - don't judge me) I met another writer - he's into writing fantasy fiction too and we both share some of the same favorite authors. He also wants to hear more about my story and read it - but no one's getting a copy of it until it's edited. I'm very firm on that. Except for three people who are designated critiquers.

Well, I'm off to do writerly and nonwriterly things (cross-stitch and brainstorming - which does count as working, Matthew Cowart!) so I am signing off.

Until next time,

Ashley the Great

1 comment: