Saturday, July 17, 2010

Getting Started

So I wrote a 65,000 word novel for Nanowrimo last year (I was barely able to turn everything in on time due to internet issues) and since December, I have been feverishly rewriting it, changing the plot and all the scenes I'd previously written so that it would flow better. I even set a goal to finish the book by the end of the summer so that I could have time before Nanowrimo to edit and polish it so I can find myself an agent. Unfortunately though, I keep getting bogged down, feeling as though it's not worth it and that my story is lame and I should just quit and start one of my other four pending story ideas. I then came up with the idea that if other people know what I'm doing and they expect to hear progress, it will keep me motivated enough to finish the manuscript and get it sent in for publishing. Yes, I know there's only a month and a half until school starts. Yes, I know it's practically impossible to finish since I have half the book left to write. Yes, I really am crazy for doing this, but I feel that if I can accomplish this, not only would I get the opportunity to become a published author, but I may be able to build a promising career out of it. So, this is what I need to do.
49,000 words by August 23rd
1325 words per day

Call me crazy, but there is a chance I can actually do this.

Until next time,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment