Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Only Eight More Chapters Left!

I just finished another chapter today! It's so surreal to think that this is going to get done by the end of August - I feel like I'm on top of the world as I go through these chapters. :) My word count is a little lower than I thought it would be but I can live with that because that's what rewriting and editing is all about. Adding what's necessary and taking out what's not. And when I'm not writing or having a social life now, I keep going through my favorite books and analyzing them. You know, I could actually get used to this kind of lifestyle. I really really could.

On a quick side note, I managed to take the only slot available for private instruction for the violin today - it was crazy awesome because the spot was previously taken and I managed to snag it before anyone else. So exciting! Now my parents can get off my back about taking music classes and it relieved a LOT of stress in my life because now all I need to do is get my books and pay for tuition and I'm all set. Then I can spend the rest of August happily writing the last eight chapters and not worry about school. :) And on another side note, my mom got me another SUPER rare card from the comicon convention in San Diego - a Draco Malfoy autograph card and there's currently only one on ebay and it's $300 - mine came in a package with an exclusive costume card set and a prop card from one of the Harry Potter card sets, plus the binders, mug, bag and magnets. :D All for a grand total (shipping included) $96. :D I freaked out when my mom told me I was getting the Draco card - like near heart attack moment for me because I told her I really really wanted the card. Like badly. Anyways...that was my nerd display for you.

Oh boy it's late...and I really need to get some sleep...got to get up early in the morning to water my neighbor's yard and write another chapter in between moving the sprinklers. Yay. Haha

Until next time,

Ashley the Amazed

No comments:

Post a Comment