Friday, August 6, 2010

New Ideas!

Picture this. It's a hot summer day, about 11:00 in the morning. The sun is shining down on your yard and you're not even halfway done mowing it but you know you have to finish or your parents will have a field day and possibly throw you out of the house. You take a swig of lukewarm water from a water bottle that sat in the fridge for almost an hour and grimace because it tastes like it went through a garbage disposal. You close your eyes as you sit in the lawn chair in the garage, basking in the shade, feeling a cool breeze blow through. You could almost fall asleep there if you really wanted to. In fact, you almost do. And then you have this monumental revelation about a scene that would totally work in your book and make things a little more interesting.

Well, that's exactly what happened to me. :D It was beautiful. But of course, if I ran inside to get my notebook, I'd never want to leave. So I keyed it into my phone. Because I'm just that awesome. Anyways. I finished the lawn and am back in the cool confines of my room. I just emailed the fourth copy of my manuscript to my friend for him to critique and I'm about to clean my room because it really needs it and I can't concentrate amongst all the clutter and...well...mess. My goal is to get a decent-sized pile of stuff to donate and then treat myself to more brainstorming for my new NaNoWriMo novel. November really needs to get here...

Until next time,

Ashley the Tired

"Life is cruel. Why should the afterlife be any different?" ~ Davey Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean

Current theme song for my story: Little Girl by Trading Yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment